Saturday 2 June 2012

Silver Eyes (Emma Stone inspired)


I hope you guys had a fabulous weekend its crazy how quick they go! Today i was flipping through some old magazines,and i have to say (this is shameful) i must have watched E!'s replay of the "Golden Globe Awards" on the red carpet so many times i seriously lost count.I love that time of year its like christmas for me! The Oscars,The Grammys,Golden Globe,SAG Awards.....Heaven.So anyways, this old mag that i was in the process of tossing out was a special edition for the "Golden Globes" fashion,and out of all these amazing women Emma Stone caught my eye. Her makeup was the only different sort of makeup out of everyone there,it was a Silver Smokey eye so i thought i would give it  go! This is my take on the look i always change the makeup a little to suit me :)

The makeup that inspired me,i think she looks perfect.

These are the eye shadows i used to create this look,its the "NYC Book Of Shadows" by Urban Decay,the only other products i used were two NYX jumbo pencils in "Black Bean" and "Pots & Pans" (there are swatches and pictures of these in my "why i love NYX jumbo pencils" post)

-First i started off by applying primer on my eye lid,then i used "Pots & Pans" (silver) by dabbing a bit on a small eye shadow brush and  applying that over my entire lid top and bottom.

-Then on a pencil brush i used the colour "Perversion" (Black,1st colour top row of the palette) and made a wing with that colour on the outer corner of my eye on the top and also using that same colour on the outer corner of my lower lash line.

-After that i used that same colour again and applied it around the inner corner of my eye (not too heavy handed)

-I then used the colour "Gunmetal" (a mid tone silver, 2nd colour top row of the palette) and because on either corner of the eye you will have black,i applied the silver in the middle of the eye lid,again top and bottom.I also dabbed a little of this colour around my tear duct over the black.

-Then i used the colour "Nylon" (a shimmery nude-pewter1st colour 2nd row of the palette) on a blending brush and used that around the edge of the black to blend it out so there are no lines.

-To finish off i used the "Black Bean" jumbo pencil on my top and bottom lash line,then finished off with mascara and if you like false lashes!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my little Beauty space,make sure you leave a link to you're blog so i can visit!