Wednesday 15 August 2012

Eyes Inspired By MAC's "Vex" Eyeshadow


Hi everyone! Lately i have found my self in a bit of a makeup rut where i get my favorite products and i use them over and over again (hello ruthless and purple eyeshadow im talking to you!) so each day i have been going through my palettes and finding a colour that i loved and had to have but haven't used in forever and use it to create my EOTD.  So yesterday was "Plumage" and today is "Vex" both by MAC."Vex" is the most unique,beautiful and wearable colour i love it! Its hard for any of these pictures to do it justice but its like  silvery,mushroom colour with a pink shift.AHHHHMAZING.I'm a huge fan of this look i dont think its too over the top,this is something i could wear every day.Im sorry i dont know of a good dupe for this but any mushroom-ish eyeshadow will work! Let me know what you guys think? Have you tried "Vex" before?

Products used: BFTE eyeshadow in "Knight",MAC eyeshadows in "Copperplate" and "Vex",NYX jumbo pencil in "Black Bean"



-First i started by applying eye primer to my eye lids,then over the top of that i used the "Black Bean" pencil and just smudged it on with my finger putting the colour down all around my eye taking it up just above my crease.





-Next on a pencil brush i used "Copperplate" putting the colour down where ever i used the black base,i then used a clean blending brush to soften and blend-out the edges.






-After that i used "Vex" on a flat eyeshadow brush applying the colour to the center of the eyelid (top and bottom) i did this about as wide as the iris of my eye.






-I then used "Knight" on a small eye shadow brush putting the colour down either side of "Vex".I also used "Vex" on a blending brush and went around the outer edges of the grey,this gives a pretty glow.






 -To finish off i lined my top and bottom lash line with black gel liner (i used Benefit ceaseless eyeshadow/liner in "Town Car") i also applied mascara and false lashes.












I hope you found this useful and liked this look! Thankyou for stopping by :)
Tiarni
XOXO


 

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous smokey eye! I haven't tried Vex but it sounds like the kind of colour I would adore. Great post x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I honestly think everyone would find a use for this colour,it's beautiful! I just wish I could recommend a dupe or more than one,I know Mac isn't for everyone...thankyou for you're comment :)

      Delete
  2. Wow gorgeous! I have tried checked out Vex before at the store...but I do own copperplate and love it! Love all your eye looks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carly! what a lovely complement! yes,i have re-discovered vex and i love it!

      Delete
  3. Vex eyeshadow is one that I've wanted for so long! You did a great job and made a beautiful look as always. I love how it looks with the liner.
    By the way I've nominated you for a blog award here! http://3girlsblog.blogspot.ca/2012/08/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thankyou so much! That's so lovely of u,u always have such beautiful things to say :) u HAVE to get vex! I must admit it sat in my makeup cupboard for so long now I can't stop using it! Thanks again x

      Delete
  4. i wish i had your eyes, you're eyeshadow always looks soooo good! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my little Beauty space,make sure you leave a link to you're blog so i can visit!